PODCAST: Two Thirds of State Legal Work Goes to Two Firms
Thursday, April 17, 2014
Related Slideshow: 2013 RI State Legal Vendor Payments
The below slides list the top 20 law firms that received the most work from the state government in fiscal year 2013, based on state data obtained from the Rhode Island Center for Freedom and Prosperity. For each firm, the departments that hired it and the type of work it did are also listed.
2. Orson & Brusini, Ltd.
Amount Paid in 2013: $426,707
Departments: Administration, Labor & Training, General Treasurer's Office, Environmental Management, Education
Type of Work: Workers' Compensation Fund, Unemployment Insurance, No Sub Program, Operations, Occupational Safety, Professional Regulations, Air Resources
1. Adler, Pollock & Sheehan
Amount Paid in 2013: $440,332
Departments: Administration, Revenue, Health & Human Services, General Treasurer's Office, Transportation, Board of Governors for Higher Education, Labor & Training
Type of Work: Municipal Affairs, Operations, Defined Benefit, Legal Services, Agency Bonds, Commissioner’s Office, No Sub Program, Associate Director
- PODCAST: 10 Historically Bold Moves Made By Big Companies
- PODCAST: 38 Saga: Secret Documents Revealed
- PODCAST: Battle over Urban League of RI’s Future Heats Up
- PODCAST: Cianci Weighs In on the Providence Mayor’s Race
- PODCAST: Democrats Support Republican Candidate
- PODCAST: GOP in Turmoil: Gio and Gov. Carcieri Killed the Party
- PODCAST: Hospitals Account for 440K Preventable Deaths Annually
- PODCAST: Investigation: State Has Tax Audit Fever
- PODCAST: Kitchen Nightmares: Rampant Health Violations on Federal Hill
- PODCAST: New England’s Best Hospitals Rated By Patients
- PODCAST: Pharmaceutical Companies Pay RI Doctors Big Money
- PODCAST: Providence Superman Building
- PODCAST: RI Cities+ Towns with the Most Registered Sex Offenders
- PODCAST: RI’s Best Communities 2012
- PODCAST: Rhode Island’s Most and Least Popular Politicians
- PODCAST: State Senator Chris Ottiano
- PODCAST: The Highest Marijuana Prices in New England by State
- PODCAST: Thousands Of RI Students Default On Loans
- PODCAST: Which RI Zip Code Has the Highest Auto Insurance Rates and Why?
- PodCast: Costantino Sues City, Councilman
- PODCAST: 10 Last Minute GA Deals
- PODCAST: Alex + Ani CEO Buys Newport Mansion for $6.8M Cash
- PODCAST: CCRI Pres. Spends Tens of Thousands on Private Club, Pool
- PODCAST: City Doles Out Pay Raises to Select Employees
- PODCAST: Do the RI Gubernatorial Candidates Support Education Reform?
- PODCAST: Exclusive: Infrared Cameras Show Occupy is Vacant
- PODCAST: Game On: RI Presidential Contributions Surge
- PODCAST: Hot or Not
- PODCAST: Is Chafee Avoiding State Lawmakers?
- PODCAST: Legalized, Taxed Marijuana Would Generate .1% of RI Budget
- PODCAST: NewsRadio 920 + GoLocalProv - Year in Review 2013
- PODCAST: Point Judith Made More than Providence on Pension Fund
- PODCAST: Providence Tax Increase a Crushing Blow to City Homeowners
- PODCAST: RI Could Lose Billions in New Federal Cuts
- PODCAST: RI’s Top Judges: How Much Do They Make?
- PODCAST: Rhode Island Districts w/ the Most Home Schooled Students
- PODCAST: Rhode Island’s Woman of the Year
- PODCAST: Station Fire Victim’s Dad Speaks Out on Fire Safety Regs
- PODCAST: The Highest Paid City Employees in Providence
- PODCAST: Top Harrah’s Official: RI Blew its Chance on Casino
- PODCAST: Who Are the Next Leaders in Providence?
- Podcast: Corrente on Corruption in PVD Play Download
- PODCAST: 13 Biggest Blunders in Rhode Island of 2013
- PODCAST: Alleged Scam Artist Gave over $250k to Top Pols
- PODCAST: Campaign Bosses with Best Track Records in RI Gov Race
- PODCAST: City Withheld Key Information on T.F. Green Expansion
- PODCAST: Does Declining Projo Need Ownership Like Globe’s John Henry
- PODCAST: Female CEOs - on the Rise or Decline in Rhode Island?
- PODCAST: Housing Groups: Tax Changes Could Hurt Prov. Development
- PODCAST: Is Clay Pell the Next Lincoln Chafee?
- PODCAST: Legislature, EDC at War Over Reorganization
- PODCAST: No Help for Failing Providence Schools
- PODCAST: Post-Fox Shakeup: Where Does RI’s FY15 Budget Stand?
- PODCAST: Providence’s Missing Black Mayor
- PODCAST: RI Employment Situation is Worse than Reported
- PODCAST: RI’s Out-of-State Pension Tab: $142 Million
- PODCAST: Rhode Island Has 5th Highest Student Loan Debt in Country
- PODCAST: Rhode to Bankruptcy
- PODCAST: Stenhouse Reacts To Obamacare
- PODCAST: The Highest Paid Superintendents in RI
- PODCAST: Top Paid City Workers in Warwick and Cranston
- PODCAST: Who the PACs are Supporting in the RI Governor’s Race
- Podcast: Unions Battle Taveras Over Development in Providence
- PODCAST: 13 Who Made a Difference in RI in 2013
- PODCAST: Alleged Scam Artist’s Campaign Cash Has Not Been Returned
- PODCAST: Centracchio on Stolen Valor
- PODCAST: Could Rhode Island Cities Face a Detroit-like Bankruptcy?
- PODCAST: Doyle Lawyer Threatens Libel Suit Against Courant
- PODCAST: Former Education Head Rips Gist
- PODCAST: GoLocalProv News Editor on NPR’s Here and Now
- PODCAST: INVESTIGATION: Government Worker Injuries Skyrocket
- PODCAST: Is Our Public Safety Being Threatened?
- PODCAST: Lengthy Workers’ Comp Payments Hurt City
- PODCAST: One Third of Providence Teachers ‘Chronically Absent’
- PODCAST: Projo, Other Papers Hire Lobbyists to Block Budget Reform
- PODCAST: Providence’s Most Dangerous Neighborhoods
- PODCAST: RI Experts on Biggest Challenges Facing Public Education
- PODCAST: Races To Watch in 2012
- PODCAST: Rhode Island Pension Reform Showdown - Who Will Prevail?
- PODCAST: Side of the Rhode: Who’s Hot and Who’s Not in RI Politics
- PODCAST: Steve Laffey Considering Run for President
- PODCAST: The Highest Taxed Communities for 2014
- PODCAST: Top Pay for Top Government Staff
- PODCAST: Why Won’t GA Pass Adam Walsh Act?
- Special Report 38 Studios: GoLocal on WHJJ Podcast
- PODCAST: Buying Influence in RI: Companies Spent $350k on Lobbyists in October
- PODCAST: 14 To Watch in RI in 2014
- PODCAST: Allens Ave Scrap Metal Company Hit with RICO Lawsuit
- PODCAST: Councilman David Salvatore
- PODCAST: EXCLUSIVE: COLAs Killing State Pension System
- PODCAST: Former StrategicPoint Boss Arrested on Sex, Weapon Charges
- PODCAST: Governor Chafee Broke Pension Promises
- PODCAST: INVESTIGATION: Pawtucket Goes After Lincoln Official for Back Taxes
- PODCAST: Is Pell’s Campaign Dead?
- PODCAST: Make RI Right To Work
- PODCAST: Over $500k Missing in ProCAP Scandal
- PODCAST: Prov. Firefighter’s $200K Pay Sparks Calls for Reform
- PODCAST: RI Fishing Industry Faces Extinction with Fed Regulations
- PODCAST: Raimondo Donors’ Charity Gets Boost From Treasury Office
- PODCAST: Rhode Island’s Highest Paid Mayors and Managers